Canine Preventative Care Level 1 ($149)
- Physical Examination- One of our veterinarians will perform a thorough check-up of your pet’s skin, ears, eyes, throat, muscles, joints, and more. The information taken from the examination will inform us if your pet has any developing conditions, and give us insight into their overall health.
- Core Vaccines- Using your pet’s history and lifestyle as a guide, our veterinary team will recommend frequency and type of vaccines. Typically, core canine vaccines include distemper-parvo, rabies, leptospirosis, and bordetella, and are given in a three-year or yearly rotation. The cost of a Level 1 exam includes up to four vaccines, but four vaccines may not always be required. In addition to the expert opinions of our veterinarians, you are always free to request or decline any vaccines your pet may receive– short of vaccines such as rabies that are required by law.
- Complimentary Nail Trim- The average dog should have their nails trimmed every 1-2 months. A good indication that your dog is due for a trim is if their nails make clicking sounds when they walk across hard surfaces. Many owners find nail trimming to be a pesky and taxing chore, especially when their dog refuses to sit still. The fear of accidentally trimming the quick of the nail and causing bleeding may also make owners hesitant to trim nails at home. Our complimentary nail trims can alleviate the stress of this process. In between veterinary visits, we also recommend using our grooming services, which also include nail trimming, to keep their toes kempt.
Canine Preventative Care Level 2 ($199)
Includes all items previously listed for Level 1, in addition to the following added services:
- Fecal Test- This is performed in our in-house lab by our diagnostic experts. We will ask you to please bring in a fresh stool sample for your pet for this test. We will look at the sample under a microscope to detect any potential parasites your pet’s digestive system may be harboring. Because parasites are such a pervasive and serious problem, we believe each dog should have this test at least once a year, and consider it essential for puppies, who are more susceptible to infestations of worms.
- Heartworm Test- These insidious and dangerous parasites are common in the southern United States. We test for their presence using a small sample of blood. In early stages, heartworms are difficult to detect because their symptoms are minor; but with time, they will result in irreversible organ damage and eventual death if left untreated.
Canine Preventative Care Level 3 ($249)
Includes the previously stated services listed for Level 1 and 2 in addition to the following:
- Early Detection Blood Test- A blood test is one of the best indications of your pet’s overall health and wellness. Beyond the wealth of information that can be supplied by a physical examination, the Early Detection Blood Test can indicate what is going on within your pet at the chemical level. Many diseases can be caught at their earliest stages with the use of this test.
Canine Preventative Care Level 4 ($299)
This package is intended for dogs who are seven years of age and older. It includes the previously stated items included in Levels 1 and 2, as well as the following additional services:
- Urinalysis- A urine sample creates a picture of your pet’s overall health. This test is particularly useful for senior dogs, because they are most vulnerable to diseases such as kidney disease and urinary tract infections, which can be detected through urinalysis.
- Thyroid Tests- The thyroid gland controls metabolism, and thyroid diseases are associated with weight gain or loss, hyperactivity, lethargy, and more. Detecting and treating thyroid disease is gravely important for your pet’s health. Thyroid tests are also particularly useful for senior pets.
Feline Preventative Care Level 1 ($149)
- Physical Examination- Our veterinarian will conduct a nose-to-tail check up. Too often, cats miss their yearly physical examinations because they are difficult to transport. At our facility, we strive to maintain a cat-friendly environment, and our doctors and assistants are trained in techniques to restrain the cat during their examination without causing any undue stress or discomfort. During the exam we will examine their fur, skin, nails, eyes, ears, and more to assess their overall health.
- Core Vaccines- Our core vaccines for cats include rabies, feline distemper, and (for outdoor cats or multicat households) feline leukemia. Typically, these vaccinations are administered yearly, but this schedule can be altered at our recommendation and your discretion. For example, if you are worried your cat was bitten by another animal, then we may recommend a rabies and feline leukemia booster before the three year period. The cost of the Level 1 Examination includes all vaccines but your pet may not need all of them upon arrival. For an extra $40, we can administer a special new type of 3-year rabies vaccine. Please ask your veterinarian for more information if interested.
- Complimentary Nail Trim- The average cat should have their nails trimmed every 1-2 months. A good indication that your cat is due for a trim is if their nails make clicking sounds when they walk across hard surfaces. Many owners find nail trimming to be a pesky and taxing chore, especially when their cat refuses to sit still. The fear of accidentally trimming the quick of the nail and causing bleeding may also make owners hesitant to trim nails at home. Our complimentary nail trims can alleviate the stress of this process. In between veterinary visits, we also recommend using our grooming services, which also include nail trimming.
Feline Preventative Care Level 2 ($199)
Includes all of the items listed for the Level 1 Exam in addition to a fecal exam.
- The fecal test can detect intestinal parasites in your pet’s digestive system. This test is highly recommended for cats who spend time outside, but is encouraged for all cats under our care. To conduct the test, we ask you to please bring in a fresh stool sample from your cat’s litter box.
Feline Preventative Care Level 3 ($249)
Includes all items previously listed for Levels 1 and 2 in addition to the Early Detection Blood Test.
- The Early Detection Blood test can provide our veterinarians with information beyond what can be gathered from the physical examination. Using this test, more diseases can be detected at their early stages, including heartworms.
Feline Preventative Care Level 4 ($299)
This package is intended for senior cats and includes the services previously described for Levels 1, 2, and 3 in addition to the following:
- Urinalysis can detect diseases of the kidneys and liver; both of which are common in senior cats.
- Thyroid Testing can indicate disorders of the thyroid gland. This gland is responsible for metabolism and if it is malfunctioning, the results can be very serious if left untreated.